Thanks to our Coyote student-athletes for representing Kopachuck with PRIDE!
Kopachuck Middle School believes that interscholastic sports and activities promote sportsmanship and citizenship. The athletic/activity programs instill pride in school, community, teach lessons for life, self-discipline, and develop students physically and emotionally.
Activities/Athletics are an extension of a solid educational program. Research shows that students who participate in activities/athletics tend to maintain higher grade point averages, better attendance, and fewer discipline problems.
2023-24 Sports calendar:
|Season #1||9/11/2023 to 10/19/2023||Cross Country||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
|9/11/2023 to 10/19/2023||Boys Soccer||7th & 8th graders
|9/11/2023 to 10/19/2023||Girls Volleyball||7th & 8th graders|
|Season #2||10/30/2023 to 12/9/2023||Wrestling||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
|Season #3||1/8/2024 to 2/8/2024||Girls Basketball||One 7th grade team and one 8th grade team|
|Season #4||3/4/2024 to 4/4/2024||Girls Soccer||7th & 8th graders|
|3/4/2024 to 4/4/2024||Boys Basketball||One 7th & one 8th grade team|
|Season #5||4/8/2024 to 5/22/2024||Track||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
Practices occur on campus at Kopachuck from 2:45 to 4:20 PM.
After the 2:45 dismissal, students have around 10 minutes to change clothes, eat a snack, and help set up equipment.
Once practice ends at 4:20 PM, students will return to the front of school for pick-up. Please pick up your student by 4:30 PM. More information on activity buses, which operate on Tuesdays and Thursdays only, can be found at this link.
Sports REGISTRATION Requirements:
- $20.00 Associated Student Body (ASB) Membership – This annual fee covers all sports participation during a school year. Our ASB supports all student extracurriculars, including our sports teams! Purchase your student's membership via our PSD bookkeeper's website at this LINK.
- Sports Physical Form - They are current for 2 years from the date of the physical. Fee varies with your primary healthcare provider, or you can complete a physical at no cost through Community Health Care Key Medical Clinic. Please call them 253-884-9221 to confirm days and times available for sports physicals.
- Parent & Student Signature Forms - Completed for each sport season to indicate parent permission and student agreement to District athletics policies.
- Academic Eligibility - Student-athletes must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0 (which is a C average) and have no more than one course with an F.
HOW To register online:
Please register through the PSD FinalForms website at https://peninsula-wa.finalforms.com/
FinalForms is our new PSD partner for athletics registration for the 2023-24 school year. Click on this Parent Playbook for a visual guide to getting started on FinalForms, including creating a parent account and adding student(s) to your account.
If you run into challenges with registration, we’re here to help! Contact Stephanie Somers, our attendance secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-530-4106.
Information on additional Sports health insurance
Click the link below for information if your family would like to purchase additional health insurance for student accidents, illness, or other medical expenses related to school activities.
- Student Accident and Sickness Insurance in English
- Spanish Language Version
- Russian Language Version