Thanks to our Coyote student-athletes for representing Kopachuck with PRIDE!
Kopachuck Middle School believes that interscholastic sports and activities promote sportsmanship and citizenship. The athletic/activity programs instill pride in school, community, teach lessons for life, self-discipline, and develop students physically and emotionally.
Activities/Athletics are an extension of a solid educational program. Research shows that students who participate in activities/athletics tend to maintain higher grade point averages, better attendance, and fewer discipline problems.
2022-23 Sports calendar:
|Season #1||9/12/2022 to 10/21/2022||Cross Country||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
|9/12/2022 to 10/21/2022||Boys Soccer||7th & 8th graders together
|Season #2||11/1/2022 to 12/10/2022||Wrestling||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
|Season #3||1/9/2023 to 2/17/2023||Girls Volleyball||One 7th grade team and one 8th grade team|
|Season #4||2/28/2023 to 4/7/2023||Girls Soccer||7th & 8th graders together|
|2/28/2023 to 4/7/2023||Boys Basketball||One 7th & one 8th grade team|
|Season #5||4/18/2023 to 5/25/2023||Girls Basketball||One 7th grade team and one 8th grade team|
|4/18/2023 to 5/25/2023||Track||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
Sports REGISTRATION Requirements:
- $20.00 Associated Student Body (ASB) Membership – This annual fee covers all sports during a school year. Our ASB supports all student extracurriculars, including our sports teams!
- Sports Physical Form - They are current for 2 years from the date of the physical. Fee varies with your primary healthcare provider, or you can complete a physical at no cost through Community Health Care Key Medical Clinic. Please call them 253-884-9221 to confirm days and times available for sports physicals.
- Academic Eligibility - Student-athletes must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0 (which is a C average) and have no more than one course with an F.
HOW To register online:
1. Log into your Parent Portal. Click here for a link to the PSD Parent Portal access page.
2. Scroll down the menu on the left side of the page and look for a soccer ball and “Athletics.”
3. Complete the application.
4. If you run into challenges with uploading the sports physical, we’re here to help. Contact Stephanie Somers, our attendance secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-530-4106.