Keep Moving Forward
Right now, “Keep moving forward” is our motto when it comes to responding to the changing COVID conditions. We plan on offering fall athletics with safety measures in place, so start making plans to check on your child’s sports physical, which is valid for two years.
Sign up your child for one of the following fall options:
- Boys Soccer for 7th and 8th graders
- Girls Volleyball for 7th and 8th graders
- Cross Country for all grades, both boys and girls
Here’s how to register your in-person or virtual learning child:
1. Log into your Parent Portal.
2. Scroll down the menu on the left side of the page and look for a soccer ball and “Athletics.”
3. Complete the application.
4. If you run into challenges with uploading the sports physical, we’re here to help. Contact Stephanie Somers, our new attendance secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-530-4106.
Kopachuck Middle School believes that interscholastic sports and activities promote sportsmanship and citizenship. The athletic/activity programs instill pride in school, community, teach lessons for life, self-discipline, and develop students physically and emotionally.
Activities/Athletics are an extension of a solid educational program. Research shows that students who participate in activities/athletics tend to maintain higher grade point averages, better attendance, and fewer discipline problems.
We'll upload the schedule soon. Thank you for your patience.
|Season #1||9/13/21-10/14/21||Girls’ Volleyball||7th and 8th graders
|9/13/21-10/14/21||Boy’s Soccer||7th and 8th graders
|9/13/21-10/14/21||Cross Country||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls
|Season #2||11/1/21-12/11/21||Wrestling||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls
|Season #3||TBD||Boys’ Basketball||One 7th & one 8th grade team
|TBD||Girls’ Soccer||7th/8th grade team
|Season #4||TBD||Track||6th-7th-8th graders, boys and girls
- $20.00 Associated Student Body (ASB) Fee – one-time fee good for all sports during a school year
- Sports Physical fee varies. They are good for 2 years and are required for participation.
Any student wanting to participate in a school sport must have a current Sports Physical (forms may vary) on file here at KMS. These physicals are done by a physician and are good for 24 months so if your student has participated in a sport in the past 24 months they do not need to be re-examined. Your family doctor may perform these exams or they are offered by the following local business(es). (Cost for these exams may vary so please remember to ask before you commit).
- Key Peninsula Medical Center (Not the Key Peninsula Health Center) – Sports Physicals: Date and Time TBD by Dr. Roes for $15.00. Students must have signed parent permission and wear shorts. Please call 884-9221 if you have questions or need additional information about these physicals.
You can now register your student for athletic activities through your parent portal click here.